Moms Meet is an exciting website where all moms or mothers to be a meet and try different products for free. You must apply for these products on their application forms on the sample a product tab on the upper left section of their web page on Moms Meet. Once you have applied, you will wait to see if you are the lucky one chosen on their list to sample a product from that company.
Lucky to have been chosen to try the Orca Bay Seafood fish products.
I was just browsing through my emails in my email account. I then spotted that I was chosen by Moms Meet. to test their Orca Bay Seafood products. I was jumping from joy off my chair. It is always such a great feeling to try new products for free. I bet you would agree as well.
I then waited for my Orca Bay vouchers to get through the mail. I then received my Orca Bay envelope and they had sent me a plastic cutting board. I saw no vouchers in the envelope. I was confused and I asked Moms Meet if the vouchers were getting in another mail. Both Moms Meet and Orca Bay helped me out and said that I would receive the vouchers in another envelope. They are excellent at communicating with you.
I could not wait to see my Orca Bay food vouchers to receive my free fish from Orca Bay to try with my family. I finally received my vouchers through the mail. I also had an email from one of the representatives of Moms Meet who was helpful since the start with my situation, she let me know what locations in my town I would be able to find the Orca Bay Foods fish products.
On the Orca Bay website, it said only one state had them when I would input my zip code and only one state where I was not living in showed up at eight stores alone. I was overjoyed to know that my state and town had them too by the information given to me by the representative in the email.
From the list, I had gone from top to bottom. I had gone to Pete’s Market and both Meijer’s Food Supermarket, and none of them carried the Orca Bay fish items in my part of town. Finally, one location actually had them. It was at Ultra Foods Supermarket.
I was relieved to have finally found them. I also saw they sell them online but I needed to use the vouchers. I have also purchased the Orca Bay seafood online from amazon.com. Orca Bay sells their seafood online as well.
They have a variety of fish items to choose from. I wanted all of them for my family to try. However, I had two $5 dollar vouchers given to me. I had chosen the best two that my family would enjoy the most. I had chosen the Salmon and the Mahi Mahi.
I was intrigued to see that each package had a yummy cooking recipe to try at home or wherever you would like to cook. Of course, preferably at home (giggles).
At the checkout, I had to pay an extra $5 dollars and change due to tax and the Mahi Mahi being $3 dollars more expensive and the Salmon was $1 dollar more. I was still satisfied because it was not that much to pay out of my own pocket. We got home, and my family and I could savor the taste of the Orca Bay fish fillets. My family had tried the Orca Bay Mahi Mahi, the Orca Bay Salmon, the Orca Bay Tilapia, and the Orca Bay Flounder.
It is a bit strong compared to the over-processed Salmons out there because it is the organic real deal. You could actually taste the slightly intense flavor of the fish oils. When it is cooked, the intense fish oils are masked and it tastes delicious Texture and Appearance: It is Meaty and it has a light healthy natural salmon pink color. It has a piece of skin on one side of the Orca Bay Keta Salmon fish fillets. Fish Facts: The Keta salmon fillet is a drier fillet because it is low in fat and not a popular salmon species.Pairings: For the adults who drink alcohol, you can pair this with Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Semillon, and Riesling.For the Children or adults who do not drink alcohol, you can pair this with apple juice or cherry juice. Harvest: GillnetRetail Price: The retail price for the salmon is $5.99 in store. Recipe
Used for the Salmon Fish Fillets:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or even coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- A pinch of ground coriander
- A pinch of ground cumin
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- Coat your non-stick pan with olive oil or any oil you are using and cook on medium-high heat. * Season the fillets with your rub mixture.* Sear or cook your fish fillet for 1-2 minutes each side. It is still not fully cooked yet. You must put it in the oven for this recipe. I usually cook the fish 5-6 minutes on the skillet or pan if is just done on the pan.* Transfer the fish to the oven-safe dish and cook it for another 3-4 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
- Bake the fish in the preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven. I cooked it for 4-5 minutes for the thicker fillet. Do not overcook it. It is done and tastes delicious. I paired it with quinoa grains and my family paired it with brown rice that I had cooked. This is how the whole meal with the seared 1-2 minutes, and then finally baked in the oven for 3-4 minutes looks like with some quinoa grains or you can pair it with rice, salad, or potato. Whichever other meal pairings you fancy to eat your delicious Orca Bay Keta Salmon fillets.
The Orca Bay Keta Salmon Fillets came in this package as you can see below with two fillets that weighed a net weight of 10 oz.This is how the rub that you will find in the recipe I have provided looks before mixing it together.This is how I would mix and put on the salmon rub on:This is how the Orca Bay Keta Salmon looks like just seared 1-2 minutes on the pan or skillet.
The Orca Bay Mahi Mahi (dorado or dolphin fish):
Appearance: It is skinless and boneless that come in a variety of block-like cuts to longer bar-shaped fillets. The Mahi Mahi is trimmed from the sleek tapered loins.
Taste: The taste is mild.
Texture: It is light, lean, firm, and tender.
Fish Facts: Mahi Mahi roam around the warm ocean currents all year round and their babies are found in seaweed. They also reproduce in pairs instead of groups.
Pairings: For the adults who drink alcohol, you can pair this with Cabernet Franc, Grenache, Mourvedre, and Syrah.
For the Children or adults who do not drink alcohol, you can pair this with apple juice or grape juice.
Retail Price: $8.99 in store for their 10 oz bag, which has a quantity of three Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets.
Recipe Ingredients:I used a cajun recipe for the Mahi Mahi Fish Fillets that is not found on the back of the back, although they do have a recipe of their own.
Directions for Baking the Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets:
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt ( I used Himalayan salt, but you could use whatever salt option you desire).
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Directions for Cooking the Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets in a pan or skillet:
- Rub some oil all over your Mahi Mahi fish fillets.
- Rub your mixed rub on your Mahi Mahi fish fillets.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the thawed fillets on a baking pan with your baking sheet on it as I did in the picture below.
- Bake fillets for 9-11 minutes or until the fish flakes with your fork.
Directions for thawing Mahi Mahi fish fillets: *Refrigerated Thawing:
- Preheat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- After removing your Mahi Mahi fish fillets from the package rub on some oil on the fillets.
- Season your Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets with the Cajun spice rub or whatever rub you may desire to put on your Mahi Mahi.
- Fry thawed fillets 4 1/2 – 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes with a fork.
Rapid Thawing: This is for someone like myself who usually would forget to do the overnight thawing from our busy life schedules.
- Remove from all packaging.
- Place fillets in a covered dish and thaw in refrigerator overnight.
I sometimes become impatient and would thaw it in warm water.
- Remove from packaging.
- Place fish fillets in a resealable bag.
- Immerse the sealed bag in a bowl of water in your sink and thaw under a thin trickle of cool running water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
This is how the Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets would like when baked in the oven and cooked with that scrumptious cajun rub.
This is how the Orca Bay Mahi Mahi fish fillets look like out of the bag. It had brought 3 fish fillets.
This is the yummy Cajun seasonings I have made for the Mahi Mahi Fish Fillets:
We enjoyed this scrumptious Mahi Mahi Orca Bay fish meal with some homemade seasoned creamy stew like beans with sofrito seasonings.
Sofrito Seasoning for the homemade black beans:
Add a 1 tbsp. of cilantro
1/2 red onion cooked on a skillet till translucent
6 tomatoes sliced
Sautee Garlic and red onion with a little bit of coconut oil
cut 2 ground red peppers
Cut 1 green pepper
1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
6 tsp. of garlic, parsley, cumin, Himalayan salt,
Blend all ingredients in the blender
Pour the sofrito mix into the clean beans
Use 4 cans of 15.5 ounces of beans all clean before cooking.
I served the fish fillets and beans with brown rice or quinoa
What will be your favorite Orca Bay Seafood fish fillet?