Hello, my food lover readers. Testing and trying new foods is my fascination, and I would like to connect and share my exploration with you all. If you have been following many of my food posts such as my post on LightLife Smart Dogs with My Breakfast Omelette Recipe sent to me for free by Social Nature. They send amazing tasty and healthy products for us to test and use. Social Nature does send you a free voucher in the postal mail to receive your free product to test.
They do pick specific people according to a survey they give you. When you receive your voucher, you do have to go to the stores that the brand is sold. Social Nature is nice to send you the information on the stores to search your product. Sometimes they are right. My tip would be to look at the website of the product and put your zip code, and then you would definitely find the product.
I am here to share with you all this great Asian food brand called Nasoya. The Nasoya brand carries a different variety of Asian food staples. I enjoy that their ingredients are very simple, healthy, tasting, and clean. Excited to try my free Nasoya brand marinated tofu, I was thinking of what sort of recipe I would use with this delicious vegan-friendly marinated tofu.
I thought of getting the chipotle marinated tofu. I really liked how the ingredients and tofu did show through the package, and you can see the marinate through the package already on the tofu. This means it is ready to eat, which is exactly what the package said outside.
I was shocked to see that it was a pretty small package, but I did not mind it since it was mostly for me. I wish the package would have bought more tofu in it. I did share some with my family, but it was not enough for them all.
I could have made many things with this Nasoya Marinated Baked Tofu, such as a salad and other ideas. This is when I decided to make something with a soft crunch, tasty, sauteed with simple yet powerful flavors for your tongue and mouth. I thought of making Chipotle Mango Tacos, which is not part of my culture, but I have cooked and made in the past, but not with this pre-marinated tofu.
How does the Nasoya Chipotle Baked Tofu taste like? It tastes like a mild chipotle roasted baked tofu. It is really mild in heat.
What is the texture of the Nasoya Chipotle Baked Tofu after it is cooked? The texture is semi-crunchy with s soft inside that melts in your mouth.
- It is USDA Organic.
- It follows a non-GMO verification.
- It has a super-firm texture.
- It has no preservatives.
- It is very vegan.
- It is a cholesterol-free food.
- It is easy to make and delicious.
- 1 package of the Nasoya Marinated Chipotle Baked Tofu
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- Himalayan Salt or salt of your choice
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 corn tortillas ( I had purchased simple organic ingredients one)
- 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 size cut of the Queso Fresco or Feta cheese (Queso Fresco is more authentic).
- Coconut oil or oil of your choice for frying
- Wooden big spoon or other kitchen utensils for frying
- Wash and Cut the red pepper in julienne style
- Cut your Nasoya Marinated Chipotle Baked Tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Preheat your pan and put a teaspoon of oil on low medium heat
- Put the tortilla into the pan and heat for 30 seconds each side
- Place the two heated tortillas onto the plate
- With a tablespoon of oil in the pan, put in your julienne cut red peppers
- Sautee the red peppers with the oil and a little bit of salt
- Place the sauteed julienne cut red peppers onto the tortillas
- Take your cut cubed baked tofu and slide into the pan from the cutting board
- Stir fry by using your kitchen utensil and moving the cut tofu with it
- Put the heat up just a little bit, at medium heat
- Make sure most of the tofu gets golden all around
- Tip: If you would like a much crispier tofu, roll the tofu into some cornstarch. However, these came out pretty crispy without it.
- Place the Tofu on top of the julienne cut red peppers and tortilla
- Place the fresh mango salsa mix on top
- Cut your queso fresco or feta cheese and crumble it on top of your Chipotle baked mango salsa taco
Fresh Mango Salsa Mix:
- Place the mango salsa mix into a bowl
- Slice the sides of the mango and then dice it into small cubes
- Wash and Cut the red onion in half, then half it again, which will then give you close to 2 tablespoons of the diced red onion.
- Dice the 1/4 amount of red onion into small cubes or just really small pieces
- Wash the fresh cilantro
- Use a pair of cooking scissors or shears to cut the fresh cilantro for an easier cut, but you can use your knife to cut the cilantro into small pieces.
- Place the cut up mango pieces first, then diced red onion, and the cut up fresh cilantro into the bowl and mix it all together
- Put the Fresh Mango Salsa Mix on top of your marinated tofu taco and your julienne style red bell peppers and place the cheese over it.
This entire meal was very tasty. It is what you can call umami, which is the savory taste of what we as humans enjoy. You can taste the sweet, semi-salty, and creamy taste with a crunch.
You can get your own Nasoya Tofu here.
Let me know how your Nasoya Chipotle Mango Salsa Tacos came out for you?
Enjoy and please check out my other entertaining and informative blog posts. Thank you for stopping by.